Welcome to Caltech AMT!
We are a team that supports Caltech faculty, students, staff, divisions, research centers, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and non-academic groups such as Development & Institute Relations, Student Affairs, and the Office of Strategic Communications. We have been honored to be nominated twice for the Caltech Team Impact Award. Read what peers say about our work! <PDF>
AMT implements creative, innovative, and tech-savvy solutions to support Caltech’s research and education mission, development, and outreach.
Our campus-wide support includes <PDF overview>:
- Creating award-winning videos and animations for news, marketing, event, and outreach purposes > AMT Demo Reel
- Generating figures, illustrations, and animations for scientific publications and videos
- Realizing Caltech faculty's vision for their online courses
- Recording, live broadcasting, and providing audio visual support for lectures and events
- Offering technical event management, including needs analysis and consultation
- Designing and installing new technologies and capabilities for classrooms, lecture halls, and meetings spaces
Watch the Caltech AMT Demo Reel:
Read Select Faculty Feedback:
Carver Mead, April 2015
“(Leslie), I want to thank you and your team for the great job in recording the CaJAGWaR seminar Tuesday. Gina, Jody and Randy really went the extra mile to get everything to come out just right. Your operation is a truly outstanding asset of the campus.”
Grant Jensen, April 2015
“Working with Leslie’s AMT team on my MOOC was great - they are a highly professional group committed to making the process as easy as possible for the teacher. They have great equipment and a nice little studio for recording, complete with lots of lights, a big green screen, a tablet and microphones, etc. Making a MOOC was incredibly time-consuming, but they did everything they could as non-subject-experts to streamline the process: they edited the recordings, built the course website, and uploaded all the videos to YouTube and Coursera and the Caltech course website. I was especially impressed with the “visual effects” they embedded into my videos and the trailer they made for the course intro. They deserve an A+.”