Caltech Academic Media Technologies
Welcome to Caltech AMT!
We are a team that supports Caltech faculty, students, staff, divisions, research centers, and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, as well as non-academic groups such as Development & Institute Relations and Student Affairs.
Our campus-wide support includes:
- Creating award-winning videos and animations for press releases and marketing purposes > AMT Demo Reel
- Recording, live broadcasting, and providing audio visual support for on-campus lectures and events
- Realizing Caltech faculty's vision for their online courses
- Creating figures and illustrations for scientific publications
- Designing and installing new audio visual systems for classrooms, lecture halls, and meetings spaces
Caltech AMT's mission is to provide audio visual services and digital media solutions, strategies, and recommendations in support of Caltech’s research and education mission, development, and outreach.
Caltech AMT Demo Reel:
Carver Mead, April 2015
“(Leslie), I want to thank you and your team for the great job in recording the CaJAGWaR seminar Tuesday. Gina, Jody and Randy really went the extra mile to get everything to come out just right. Your operation is a truly outstanding asset of the campus.”
Grant Jensen, April 2015
“Working with Leslie’s AMT team on my MOOC was great - they are a highly professional group committed to making the process as easy as possible for the teacher. They have great equipment and a nice little studio for recording, complete with lots of lights, a big green screen, a tablet and microphones, etc. Making a MOOC was incredibly time-consuming, but they did everything they could as non-subject-experts to streamline the process: they edited the recordings, built the course website, and uploaded all the videos to YouTube and Coursera and the Caltech course website. I was especially impressed with the “visual effects” they embedded into my videos and the trailer they made for the course intro. They deserve an A+.”